Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Photo Essay: Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

The first time I ever went to UAE several years ago I was still Christian but was very interested in Islam and already had a deep love for Arab history and culture. Or what I thought was Arab culture, the more I learn I see that I loved Islam all along and had Islamic culture confused with Arabic culture. Arabic culture is beautiful on it's own but now since I have reverted I know that Islamic history and culture is one of the main passions in my life and I want to spend the rest of my life learning as much as I can about it Inshallah. 

When a friend offered to take me to see Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi last summer I happily accepted her offer. During my first trip to UAE I only got to see the Mosque from the road, I could only stand and stare with tears welling up in my eyes. This time I actually got to go inside and look around. Although I didn't get to pray there I enjoyed having a look around at all the intricate details, it is truly magnificent mashallah.


On the way to Abu Dhabi from Dubai the road passes through this structure, this picture does not do it justice at all it must be seen in person to get the full effect. 

 














No comments:

Post a Comment